Innovation Catalyst Award Winner
Occupancy and Facility Highlights
- 12,700 square feet
- 11 offices
- 4 wet labs
- 2 dry labs
- 20 cubicles
- 2 large conference rooms
- Central facility that houses an autoclave, oven, glass washer, RO/DI water
- Wet labs come equipped with chemical fume hoods, bench tops and cabinets
- Printer/copier, wireless network, ethernet connectivity, phone systems, presentation monitors, and individual company networks
The Venture Development Center is under the Office of Research at UT Dallas and operated by the Office of Technology Commercialization in collaboration with the Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship. The Center is managed on site by Director Tom Muir.
UT Dallas supports startup business initiatives to enable a more efficient and effective transfer of commercially viable innovations from the University to the private sector. Objectives include:
- Fulfilling the University's service mission.
- Benefitting the public.
- Creating opportunities that may attract research sponsorship for the University.
- Contributing to the economic development of the community, region and state.
- Enhancing to the nation's global competitiveness.